The University of Wisconsin – Division of Extension moved to a Regional Agricultural Educators staffing model across the state. These positions will provide research-based education to dairy, livestock and crop producers by assessing the needs of farmers in their region and design and deliver educational programming and services to meet those needs. Dairy, Livestock, and Crop production are the largest agricultural industries in the Southwest area of Wisconsin. The Regional Agriculture Educators have specializations in these areas and will offer their expertise to serve those industries and producers. Regional Agriculture Educators will:
• Design and deliver educational meetings and field days in a four county region that
includes; Grant, Green, Iowa and Lafayette Counties.
• Provide consultation on production challenges to farmers and agricultural consultants.
• Contribute to outreach opportunities on agricultural topics through; workshops, virtual
trainings, symposiums, websites, social media, and publications.
• Collaborate with other educators and specialists across the state and region.
• Engage with Agriculture Extension Committees on progress and planning.